At True, our jewellery is only solid gold. This is because we want you to have the best and enjoy the jewellery for years to come. Sometimes in life we only occasionally wear or use our precious pieces because they are, well, precious, and only to be used for an occasion. But why keep beauty in a box? True jewellery is made with top quality solid gold to keep up with your life and daily wear - from your travels, to your office, to your workout, to your cocktail party and through the night. True jewellery never needs to be taken off and will always shine like gold.
Just as the name suggests, solid gold is not layered over an interior, inferior, base metal, but is gold throughout the entire piece. Solid gold will always hold its value - both logistically as an investment and sentimentally - as a piece that can be passed down for generations.
To Clean Your True Solid Gold:
The True Cleaning Wand provides outstanding results to keep your jewellery gleaming.
Alternatively, you can soak your jewellery in a diluted mixture of mild dish soap or another non-abrasive cleaner and water for several minutes and use a soft cloth or soft bristle brush to scrub away debris. Rinse in running water and use a clean, soft cloth to dry.
Other Care Tips:
- Do not clean your jewellery with anything other than a polishing cloth as many fibres can scratch the metal.
- Store pieces individually so that they do not knock each other and scratch or dent.
- Store jewellery in a cool, dry and preferably dark place, such as a jewellery box, to avoid tarnishing. Note that solid gold will never tarnish, but silver, gold plated or gold vermeil jewellery will. As such, your True jewellery will never tarnish, but this is a great tip for storage of other jewellery to avoid tarnish.
- Avoid perfume on your jewellery. Spritz your perfume before you put on your jewellery. The oils found in the perfumes tend to stick to the diamond and gold surfaces, making it look dull and impacting the shine.
- Dust, pollution and daily wear all conspire to cloud the brilliance of a gemstone or diamond. True is happy to provide professional maintenance on your fine jewellery - please contact us to inquire. Between professional cleanings, True recommends a non-abrasive cleaner and soft bristle brush for diamond and gemstone jewellery.
Incredibly beautiful, uniquely valuable, and historically fascinating, gold is like no other metal on earth.
When buying solid gold jewellery, the purity will be marked by the Karat with a “k” (not to be confused with carat, meaning the weight of a diamond). Gold is very soft, so 24 karat gold, which is 100% pure gold, will be too soft for jewellery. It will bend and scratch easily. (During the Gold Rush, miners would test the mineral they found by biting it. Their teeth would leave a mark in real gold, but not on fools gold or pyrite.)
18, 14, or 10 karat gold are solid gold, but they are mixed with varying proportions of alloy, such as silver, platinum and palladium, making them ideal for high quality but durable jewellery.
The number 10 karat, 14 karat or 18 karat represents the proportion of pure gold in the solid gold, out of 24 parts. For example, 18 karat gold will be 18 parts pure gold, mixed with 6 parts alloy, for a total of 24. Any form of solid gold is highly recommended by True.
There are slight nuances between the variances of purity. 10 karat gold is more affordable and is the lowest grading of gold legally allowed to still be considered ‘solid gold’, in North America. 14k is ideal for affordable but high quality every day jewellery. It has a relatively high pure gold content that gives it a beautiful colour - in yellow and rose. 18 karat gold is the most pure form of gold possible for durable jewellery. All solid gold is hypoallergenic, but for everyday wear, the more pure form of gold, the better. 18 karat gold is the popular choice for engagement rings, as it offers the warm and luxurious appearance of pure gold - slightly warmer than 14 karat gold - with the benefits of purity making it the most valuable gold and ideal for setting diamonds, the most valuable gemstone.
At True, our designs are only in solid gold. Our fine jewellery is an active, busy person’s best friend. We love luxurious yet affordable solid gold - a hypoallergenic precious metal that will never discolour and is perfect for everyday wear. We recommend this valuable metal in all forms - white gold, yellow gold and rose gold.
Strong, beautiful, fine and genuine… just like you.